BID Ambassador and Marketing Assistant
Location: Philadelphia, in-person
Pay: $15/hr, 30 hrs per week
The NLBID is looking to bring on an ambassador who can interface with our business community. This is an in-person position which may require walking 2+ miles a day canvassing our district to take photos and chat with business owners and employees. The ideal candidate is outgoing, loves to talk to people, and can effectively communicate the work that the BID does.
The Ambassador will also support our broad range of marketing and events activities. They should therefore be up-to-date on digital and social media platforms and possess a strong desire to work with small businesses. We are looking for someone who can bring a positive, can-do attitude to the table.
- Canvass the business district at least once a week and talk with stakeholders
- Create and share print collateral to support events and promotions
- Coordinate with businesses to capture assets and information for promotions
- Update website with news and events
- Write blog posts for website
- Assist in the execution of our marketing plan
- Assist with newsletters and digital stakeholder communications
- Event support as needed
- Other duties as needed
Skills and abilities:
- Strong inter-personal communication skills
- Sharp writing skills
- Copywriting, headline writing
- Digital marketing
- Take a decent photo with a cell phone
- Savvy with digital collaboration tools such as Google Drive, spreadsheets, etc.
- WordPress experience a plus
- Constant Contact experience a plus
- Must own a computer and have reliable internet access
- Must be able to travel to Northern Liberties at least once a week and navigate sidewalks, streets
- Must be able to legally work in the US
A cover letter describing your interest in the position and unique qualifications is required. No application without a cover letter will be reviewed. Please also provide two references along with their contact information. Application materials should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Clean Team Member
8:30 am to 5:00 pm Tuesday through Saturday
Pay: $13 to start, up to $15 in six months
Full-time employees are eligible for health insurance, short-term disability insurance, Personal Time Off, Accidental Death Insurance, Direct Deposit, Free Uniforms and Paid Training.
The Northern Liberties Business Improvement District (NLBID) was formed in 2018 by the commercial property owners of Northern Liberties to create a safe and vibrant place to work, live, and visit. We augment city services through street cleaning, graffiti removal, placemaking and streetscape improvements. We wish to grow our small staff of two by adding a freelance project coordinator to assist in the implementation of a wide variety of public realm capital projects.
This position runs through our cleaning contractor, StreetPlus.
Streetplus is looking for individuals that have an outgoing personality, enjoy interacting with others and can work outside providing basic janitorial and hospitality services.
Successful applicants will be responsible for walking throughout the Business Investment District completing a wide-range of tasks structured to keep the district clean and friendly. Tasks include collection and removal of litter from sidewalks, graffiti removal, weed abatement, detailed cleaning of trash cans and providing assistance to pedestrians.
- Pan and Broom – pick up loose litter on the sidewalks, store fronts and curb lines using a pan and broom. Dispose of collected litter in dumpsters.
- Graffiti Reporting and Removal – identify and remove graffiti, to include handbills, stickers, and other forms of graffiti.
- Weed Abatement – remove weeds and other growth from sidewalks, tree grates and along fences.
- Detailed Cleaning – using equipment and disinfectants, complete thorough cleaning of all “touch points” in the district, to include door handles, crosswalk buttons, railings, benches, street fixtures, transit shelters and other surfaces touched by pedestrians.
- Mechanical Equipment – operate mechanical equipment, such as battery sidewalk sweepers and scrubbers.
- Hospitality – identify and provide assistance and information, such as directions, to pedestrians in the the District.
- Reporting and Documentation – using a mobile device, receive and process electronic work orders and enter daily stats; complete checklists and other forms related to operations; maintain communication with the Supervisor.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience in janitorial, retail, landscaping or similar industries is preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work outside and walk several miles during an eight hour shift.
- Working knowledge of mobile devices.
- High School diploma or equivalent (required)
- Custodial experience 1 year (required)
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Please email or call Robert Cimillo: 484-845-4380 RCimillo@streetplus.net
The NLBID does not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, gender or sexual orientation and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.